Marky Wants To Fly

The Life Of Mark, From Pre-PPL To Beyond

Sunday, February 04, 2007

...Deepest Condolences

I would just like to take a minute to point out that the Piper PA28 crash off the Fylde coast last night was a shocking event. Although the pilot reported that he was low on fuel to Blackpool Approach, it has emerged that he tried to land before making a go around. It was only upon this go around that he was lost from radar contact. The bodies of the two airmen have been recovered inside the cockpit of the wreckage. I have met many people from the Blackpool flying club, and I can only hope that those people I have been lucky enough to meet were not involved in the accident. My heart goes out to their families, their friends and the ATC members involved, as do my deepest condolences. ATC at Blackpool have always been nothing but friendly, welcoming and helpful to myself. This was a dramatic tragedy; an event, which I am sure will haunt the minds of many for years to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home