Marky Wants To Fly

The Life Of Mark, From Pre-PPL To Beyond

Monday, January 29, 2007

The North West Coast.

Having to work the week in between Christmas and New Year was obviously far from the ideal situation, but Friday 29th December brought a nice little surprise. Having been sat in work all morning looking gloomily at the clear skies and better than average conditions, wondering why god hated me this much to make me work, my boss decided to let us go home early. Feeling like Christmas had come all over again, I quickly arrived at Barton with my Dad, (This was to be his first trip in Victor Alpha, or indeed in a light aircraft with me as PIC). Departing Barton, we headed East to Formby and then followed the coast up past Woodvale (Where I had started my flight training, and indeed compiled over 30 hours as a member of the UAS based there) towards Blackpool. Although normally being told to hold around Marsh Side VRP would have been a hindrance, the fact that we got a prime viewing position to see a 737 come in from long finals to land at Blackpool made it more than acceptable on this occasion. Flying overhead Blackpool and up the Flyde coast gives spectacular views of the Tower and the Big One, before arriving at Fleetwood and hoping over to Glasson Dock, where my dad keeps his yacht. A short leg across to the M6 and then back to Barton with a base leg join and a smooth landing finished the flight off nicely. Not bad for a day when I was meant to be working in the office!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home